Monday, December 1, 2008

The Big Day

Well, tomorrow is the big day. We will finally be able to meet our little boy or girl, pick a name, and begin our life as a family of 5. While it's been hard these last few weeks not knowing what we are having, it's been a lot of fun too with all the anticipation. Since we (obviously) know when the baby is being born, the gender and name are the only surprises that we get. We have finally narrowed down our list to 5 boy names and 7 girl names. I know that seems like a lot but we couldn't decide on favorites and couldn't eliminate any more either. So we will go to the hospital with our little list and eliminate half of it as soon as we know the gender. I am hoping that we will look at our baby and just know that he/she looks like a ..... I think it's secretly killing our family that we won't even share the list of names with them. That kind of makes it more fun for us though :) Hannah is especially excited because we told her that she could be the one to announce (over the phone) to our family back in California what the name of her brother or sister will be. She has been instructed to keep the list of names that she heard mommy and daddy discussing to herself and not to let Grandma convince her to share any names with her. My mom is going to arrive at our house later this evening and I suspect that she may try to be sneaky and find out what Hannah knows. Hopefully Hannah can hold up to Grandma's charm. We'll see.

Please pray with us that everything goes well during my c-section and that me and the baby are healthy afterwards as well and have a very fast recovery. I am nervous with this one just as I was my last 2 c-sections so we are praying for peace too. We will try to post an updated belly picture tonight or tomorrow morning before we leave for the hospital. Be sure to check back sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening for the birth announcement with the name and all the vital information. We'll see if the 10 (55%) of you who thought it's a girl are right or if the 8 (44%) of you who voted boy are right. Sorry there's no prize to the winners but it's been a lot of fun checking up on the percentages. I hope to post some great pictures in the next 24 hours. WOW! I'm so anxious now.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! And I'm excited to know the gender and name :) :)

I will pray for you guys tonight and definatly check back tomorrow for all the details!

Tim, Casey, Landon, and Claire said...

Praying for all 5 of you and can't wait to see your next post!!!!

Learning to Love said...

Can't wait to see pictures! I'll be praying that everything will go smoothly for you tomorrow.